Applicants for the Academic Scholarship must have acceptance for, or be currently enrolled in, an accredited course of study either as a post school student or as part of their high school studies.
Evidence of academic achievements and acceptance or enrolment for School, University, TAFE, College or Training Organisation must be provided.
CoastAbility Board has the discretion to vary the number and value of scholarships.
All applications will be considered and acknowledged.
Successful applicant/s will be notified and if feasible a short presentation ceremony to receive scholarships will be arranged.
- CoastAbility client, or eligible for registration with CoastAbility
- Primary physical disability or multiple disabilities
- Age group 16 – 24 years
- Application outside age range, dependent on exceptional circumstances
- Sound academic record
- Acceptance or enrolment in accredited post school course of study, or in course as part of high school studies
- CoastAbility Registration Form, if not registered
- Evidence of academic achievement – School, University, TAFE, College, Training Organisation
- Completed CoastAbility Academic Scholarship Application form (on this page)
USE OF FUNDS
Scholarships will not be awarded for any purpose for which Government or other forms of financial assistance are reasonably available to applicants.
Funds may be used towards course related expenses and resources, including but not restricted to those not fully covered by NDIS;
- Course program and tuition fees
- Computer hardware and software
- Technology/ stationery/equipment required for study
- Text books
- Library and internet charges
- Campus /residential school /field trip expenses – travel/ accommodation
- Scribes and tutors
- Personal care/assistance
Funds may not be used for:
- Purchase of mobile phones or payment of phone bills, expenses not directly related to study
Recipients will be asked to provide a short report to CoastAbility members on their progress and use of the funds after the first 12 months, and again at 2 years.