2023-24 Sporting Scholarship
CoastAbility invites applications for a two-year Sporting Scholarship to the value of $5,000 from registered Clients or young people with Client eligibility.
2023/24 APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY 31ST MAY 2023
NB: Enquiries to discuss special circumstances are welcome throughout the year – click here to contact us.
Applicants for a Sporting Scholarship are expected to be a competitor at State or National level, or demonstrate the potential. Evidence of outstanding sporting achievements or potential must be provided.
CoastAbility Board has the discretion to vary the number and value of scholarships.
All applications will be considered and acknowledged.
Successful applicant/s will be notified and if feasible a short presentation ceremony to receive scholarships will be arranged.
- CoastAbility Client, or eligible for registration with CoastAbility
- Primary physical disability or multiple disabilities
- Age group 10 – 23 years
- Application outside age range, dependent on exceptional circumstances
- Outstanding sporting achievement
- Competitor at State or National level, or demonstrated potential
- CoastAbility Registration Form, if not registered
- Evidence of sporting achievements
- Completed CoastAbility Sporting Scholarship Application form (on this page)
- Completion of Annual Report form
USE OF FUNDS
Scholarships will not be awarded for any purpose for which Government or other forms of financial assistance are reasonably available to applicants.
Scholarship funds may be used for sports related out-of-pocket expenses such as:
- Registration/ event / competition fees
- Uniforms / equipment
- Coaching / training / gym fees
- Sporting camps
- Travel /transport / fuel / short term accommodation costs related to training and competition
Recipients will be asked to complete a short report to CoastAbility members on their progress and use of funds after the first 12 months, and again at 2 years.