Committee Members support the operation of CoastAbility and depending on their skills and availability may play a role in some daily or occasional operational matters. They may also become a member of a committee convened for specific purposes identified by the Board and Members, such as fundraising or an event.
Financial Members are entitled to voting rights and to have input on issues concerning the Association – at Annual General Meetings, Extraordinary General Meetings and General Meetings.
An annual membership fee of $5.00 is payable before the end of 30 June each year.
General Meetings for Members are held at approximately 2 month intervals, on Tuesday nights at 5:30pm at in the Tasmin Room at Gosford RSL, West Gosford. In response to COVID-19 restrictions, electronic meetings may need to be held as an alternative.
Visitors are always welcome. If you’re interested in coming along to find out more about CoastAbility, please contact us first to confirm the date of our next meeting.
Volunteer Bus Driver
Volunteers are needed for the driving of buses used to transport CoastAbility Clients (school students with a physical disability) to offsite educational programs on the Central Coast, and occasionally to special events locally and within 100km.
Schools serviced are Glenvale Special School- Narara and North Entrance, Support Units – Gosford East Primary School and Henry Kendall High School.
CoastAbility, the schools and families highly value the Bus Service and the commitment of our Drivers.
Typically, Drivers work Part Time in NSW Dept of Ed, School Terms, during School Hours. Half-day rosters are organized on a weekly basis. We strive to have back up Drivers available.
Volunteers Drivers must:
- Meet CoastAbility motor vehicle insurance criteria.
- Hold current valid Light Rigid Driver’s Licence
- Obtain or have current Working with Children’s Check
- Have a successful history of driving Light Rigid / 21 seater plus vehicles and basic mechanical knowledge
- Possess the ability to work with CoastAbility coordinators and school staff as a cooperative team member
- Have COVID-19 vaccination consistent with NSW Government requirements for Schools.
- Provide CoastAbility with updated copy of their Australian Government COVID-19 Digital Certificate indicating their immunisation status.
If you would like to find out more, contact us to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.